How to Organize Your Basement for a Cleanout
The process of finishing a basement’s cleaning is labor-intensive. Unbelievably, you can’t consider a task completed until you’ve completed one. E&K Hauling Junk Removal LLC can help you effectively organize your remaining items to avoid having to carry out another crucial cleaning anytime soon.
Learn how to set yourself up for a basement cleanout.
10 Ways to Simplify
- Sort through the items you cannot choose to keep during your cleanout.
Here are some ideas: Christmas decorations, seasonal attire, emotional stuff, sporting goods, and other things.
If you need help organizing, E&K Hauling Junk Removal LLC can help.
- To keep your items, use transparent plastic bins. Plastic shields your belongings from moisture, and the cleared material lets you see what is inside each box, saving you time and effort.
- Put the heavier bins on the bottom and set the lighter ones on top when storing your boxes.
- To label your storage containers, use sticky labels. Label each of the bins and surfaces.
- Be ready for a power outage. If possible, hang a flashlight next to your fuse box as a precaution.
- Purchased shelving. Bins can be stacked, which is excellent, but placing them on shelves makes them more accessible.
- Store sentimental, fabric, paper, and technological things higher up to avoid water damage as basements frequently flood.
- Hang tools, toys, bicycles, antique strollers, skis, and other weirdly shaped items from a pegboard.
- Remember to take the stairs! Take measurements, then stack boxes or large items to maximize the space beneath your staircase.
- If you recently cleaned out your basement, you probably have years’ worth of clutter to give or junk. E&K Hauling Junk Removal LLC can help by collecting these unwanted items and transporting them for you to the appropriate locations.
Call E&K Hauling Junk Removal LLC at (570) 520-8638 to schedule a pickup and learn more about our services.